Friday, 2 March 2012

100 Postcards


Occasionally I find myself acting as if I live in Dawson's Creek or One Tree Hill where heart-to-hearts are the order of the day. Except in real-life it's often just embarrassing or really, really controversial to go out on a limb and say things with no scripted response to guarantee the recipient will 'feel' where you're coming from. The flipside of that is the way it's even more magical when that genuinely happens: when you said the right thing at the right time and good things might get better because of it. All the things I wanted to say to the recipient of postcard number 1 wouldn't fit on three A4 sheets of paper, let alone the back of an A5 card with a quarter filled with address details. I was partly prompted to write because of my vague, magazine article inspired ambition to send 100 postcards over 12 - 18 months. But I was mostly motivated by the fact that when people matter, they should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...