Thursday, 12 July 2012

100 Postcards


The 100 postcards project continues with a few favourite quotes being sent out to largely unsuspecting recipients:

"The highest reward for a man's toil is not what he gets for it, but what he becomes by it." - John Ruskin, Writer & Critic

"We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Even to your old age and grey hairs, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you. I will carry you. I will sustain you. I will rescue you." - Isaiah 46v4 (The Bible)

They've all meant something special to me at different times: reminding me not to be so results-orientated in the middle of stressful exams, finding me 'by co-incidence' and helping me be grateful for the unknown. They've done me so much good it's nice to pass them on. But if I had to choose a quote to send myself, today, right now it would be:
"Remember this:
Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly,
and whoever sows generously will also reap generously."
2 Cor 9v6   

1 comment:

  1. Hello there, nice to meet you on IFB! I hope you can enjoy IFB so much, it is a very useful blog! Isaiah's quote is very comforting!

    Well, have a funny blogging time and a wonderful day!

    Kisses,
    Cri.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...