Friday, 21 September 2012

A is for Appreciation



Peeling apples from my parents' tree, I remembered a song we used to sing in primary school. The lyrics celebrate a whole list of autumn features, and the chorus says "I mustn't forget / No I mustn't forget / To say a great big thank you / I mustn't forget". It's something I'm reminding myself as I count down to another transition - one that I'm hugely excited about. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, it will still be the small things that will make me truly happy: crumble and wine, hard work, curling up on the sofa alive and in love, box-sets, books...and knowing that no matter what it looks like, feels like or what other people think, ultimately, I'm living an amazing and privileged life.

"If your daily life seems poor, do not blame it;
blame yourself,
tell yourself you are not poet enough to call forth its riches;
for to the creator 
there is no poor indifferent place."

- Rainer Maria Rilke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...