Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Some Sort of Standstill

Image created by artandwords on polyvore.com 

I made this polyvore collage (above) for the very first post I wrote for this blog in October 2011. I can't tell whether I've come full circle: whether this post I'm using it in now is the last. 

For all the reasons explained on the "about" page, I've found it really valuable to write the collection of seventy-something musings this blog has become over the last year and a half. I've also loved hearing when those things have struck a chord with someone else - it's nice that writing things down can be worthwhile for more than just myself. So perhaps it's more likely that I'm just pressing pause.

But either way, almost overnight it doesn't quite fit the phase I'm in. I fished out the 'Love & Work' collage because it sums up where my energies are going to be directed over the time I'm not writing in this context. It's a worthy interruption - love in its largest forms: in a smattering of other creative projects, in faith, friendship and family life, in love of work in corporate law. It's life being good and not so good and needing my full attention.

Obviously, I still have things to think on, things to grow into and out of. Now more than ever I'm squirreling away a stock of all the thought-provoking inspiration and encouragement I can find. I still really, really need it. I just need it to be private again. 

That might change. At any rate, I will keep inklings & afterthoughts online so the archives are available for anyone who may want to dip into it from time to time. And as a parting gift, I'd love to point out (in no particular order) a few of the blogs I'm excited by and enjoy learning from: Cath Loves..., Lawfully Chic, Ellie Speaks and the incredible art of Elizabeth Chapman are my top four finds of the last two or three years. Maybe have a read?

"Finally, whatever is true,
whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable 
- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - 
think about such things.
 Whatever [goodness] you have learned or received or heard from me,
or seen in me - put it into practice.
 And the God of peace will be with you."

(Philippians 4v8)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...