Wednesday, 3 February 2016

"Wild" - Cheryl Strayed & Reese Witherspoon

Photo credit: photo of DVD cover


I went to see this film by myself at the cinema last year. I had been signed off sick after a stressful period at work and I was thinking through what it would take for me to put myself back together. I loved it.

I loved this film because it underscored the importance of taking control of the situation. It emphasised the fact that I could do something. I could make choices and changes. I could participate in my own redemption.

A family member bought me the DVD for Christmas. Watching it a year on, those lessons still resonate. But now that I have the privilege of being a little further on, I can look back and marvel at where I've ended up, how far I've come.

"He has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping.
For you, O God, tested us;
you refined us like silver.
You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs.
You let men ride over our heads;
we went through fire and water
but you brought us to a place of abundance."
Psalm 66v8-12

 I am so inexpressibly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...