Friday, 20 May 2016

Coffee Cup Encouragement


I've been in my job for almost three months, and had copious amounts of the free hot chocolate from the office vending machine. But today I noticed the cups. Today, right when I needed to see it, the little inspirational statements caught my eye. On another day I would probably find them a bit irritating, a bit too... inspirational. But today they say the perfect things at just the right time:


"Legend has it,
Walt Disney was turned down 302 times before he got financing for Disneyland."

"Thomas Edison:
'If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed.
I am not discouraged,
because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.'"

"Dr. Seuss' first book
'To Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street'
was rejected by 27 publishers."

"Vincent Van Gogh only sold one painting in his lifetime
to a friend.
Despite that, he kept painting and finished over 800 pieces.
His most expensive painting today is valued at $142.7 million."

I know the internet is full of these uplifting titbits of information - they crop up on my Facebook news feed almost daily. What I really want to celebrate is the timeliness of this particular intervention, stumbling across the oxygen of encouragement in a place I would never look to find it. It's transformed my day.

To me, that epitomises the beauty of life. That's cosmic kindness. That's the very face of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...